Software: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash… Adobe CS6, Director, Captivate, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word…Microsoft Office, Visio, Articulate Studio, Lectora Enterprise, Course Avenue, SharePoint Designer, Metastorm Designer, Siebel, Axure
Web Technologies and New Media: WordPress, MODx, Drupal, Joomla, DNN, YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter
Web/App Design: User Experience, User Inferace Design, Information Archetecture, Interaction Design (IxDA), Usability
Additional: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Cross-Browser implementation, Mobile Development, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Custom Search, Feedburner, 508 Compliance and Accessibility (WAI ARIA Standard and Course Avenue for Flash), Fluent in Greek
CACI / Office of Diplomatic Security - Chief Technology Office CTO, Rosslyn, VA, July, 2011-present
Sr. Web Application User Interface Designer, (full-time)
Enterprise Search (Autonomy):
Enterprise Search is an extensive search system that provides the means to search data sources with a single query and allow for filtering through results. The Enterprise search system provides users with fast query times and search results that are usually ranked in such a way that the information needed is easily accessible. It addresses the needs of storing, retrieving and tracking digital information of all kinds. Worked closely with the Autonomy developer to understand the usability aspects and define the navigation structures and interface functions of a new system that will be implemented into multiple DS/CTO applications. Working with the DS/CTO Software Branch Chief and Lead Autonomy developer to help shape the project requirements and guidelines.
The Diplomatic Security (DS) Location, Identification, Firearms, and Emergency (LIFE) application enables the DSCC to store and track DS related information on all requisite DS personnel in a single application. DS Life is a web application system set up to easily access, edit, track, and store different types of data on all (domestic and overseas) Bureau of Diplomatic Security requisite personnel. Currently, such data exists in several disparate systems and the DSCC needs to access each system separately in order to get complete information about a special agent. Assisted with business requirements gathering and developed the user infrastructure and global layout for the DS LIFE application that is user friendly and very well received by the DS Command Center customer. Developed user requirements, application wireframes, use cases, and user profiles and scenarios. Worked closely with application programmers and helped implement and test the front end of the application.
The DS CTO requested the implementation of the SharePoint Learning Kit and development of a SharePoint-based solution that can be used for delivering, tracking, and managing training, as well as reporting usage details and metrics associated with developed training materials. Translated customer requirements into defined specifications ensuring product usability. Defined user interaction and developed a custom look for the system to differentiate it from other SharePoint sites. Worked closely with developers to engineer the front end of the GUI. Assisted with building training materials to test site functionality and provided overall team support.
Mind & Media, Inc., Alexandria, VA, Dec., 1999-July 2011
Sr. Web/Multimedia Producer, (full-time)
George Mason University, FAST TRAIN Program, Fairfax, VA, July 2006-present
Freelance Web Design/Programming, DC Metro, May 2003-present
Web Designer/Programmer, (part-time)
CACI/Office of Diplomatic Security - CTO, Rosslyn, VA - July 2011-present
Sr. Web Application User Interface Designer
Drive the strategic direction of the user interface program and support the development of user interface design of web applications for government agency.
- Developing and implementing web application design standards, guidelines, and templates to be used throughout the organization in support of an enterprise look and feel that will be common across all web applications. Including web sites, web applications, forms, reports, and navigational elements.
- Deliver appealing, reusable, and maintainable Web solutions that are Section 508 compliant and advance the usability of customer web sites and applications.
- Capturing requirements that include customer experience, operations and usability
- Building Sitemaps, Wireframes, Prototypes and documentation that clearly articulates site/application structure and organization
- Work with the product development team to design online user experiences. Ensuring ease of navigation and simplicity of design.
- Performing usability test planning, execution, reviews and results analysis. Capturing specific target audience feedback and incorporating that feedback into site design
- Reviewing and providing feedback regarding usability throughout software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Mind & Media, Inc., Alexandria, VA - Dec. 1999-July 2011
Sr. Interactive Media Consultant
Strategy and full production agency helping clients solve complex communication challenges, specializing in persuasive public information campaigns, customized training programs and recruiting/retention strategies. Responsible for leading the production of Web and CD programs for government and corporate clients by designing and developing web sites and overseeing all multimedia work into final deliverable.
- Defined client brand and generated style guides for consistency throughout
- Defined usability requirements that engaged the user experience and translated business needs into functional design specifications; wireframes, sitemaps
- Designed intuitive interfaces and manipulated graphics for the web using Photoshop. Sliced mockups to pixel perfection for use in Dreamweaver.
- Used Dreamweaver to develop HTML and CSS front end and emphasized interaction with AJAX, JQuery and/or mootools. Implemented HTML and CSS to PHP or ASP.Net applications or Content Management System themes; Wordpress, Drupal, DNN MOD-X and Joomla.
- Conformed to and validated with WC3 standards and 508-compliance throughout cross-browser platforms.
- Worked with communication consultants to develop social media strategy and incorporate tools such as Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and Twitter to websites. Designed and developed online advertising campaigns including Facebook landing pages, email newsletters and created themes for social media tools.
- Oversaw the day-to-day maintenance of websites and blogs including implementing design and content updates. Managed and installed plug-ins for Content Management Systems such as WordPress, applied search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and analyzed site performance with Google analytics.
- Designed and developed e-learning modules with PPT, Lectora, Articulate, Flash, Course Avenue, and Captivate.
- Performed search engine optimization for web sites by reviewing and interpreting web statistics. Advised marketing management as to which web pages generated the most hits, defined where the sites required updates and added/monitored keywords to pages improving placement in search results.
George Mason University, FAST TRAIN Program, Fairfax, VA - July 2006-present (part-time)
Educational program providing teacher education and VA state licensure to individuals working in International schools overseas. Responsibilities include design, development and maintenance of the program’s web presence, http://fasttrain.gmu.edu/ and micro-sites.
- Recently designed and developed the re-branding of the FAST TRAIN Program web presence using Dreamweaver to create HTML/CSS, Flash for animations, and Photoshop for design and image editing.
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of the website and micro-sites including implementing content updates through MODx (CMS), programming HTML and CSS for layout and design, applying search engine SEO techniques and analyzing site performance with Google analytics to maximize online traffic.
- Work with outreach coordinator to develop and design materials for marketing campaigns.
Freelancer: Web Design/Programming, Alexandria, VA - May 2003-present (part-time)
Analyze small business needs and recommend technical and design solutions that are efficient, scalable, maintainable, and accurately meet the needs of the business.
- Lead full life-cycle development of web presence from concept to completion and manage project(s) between other freelancers as necessary.
- Create effective and intuitive user interfaces using Photoshop. Focus on visual design, prototype development, and adherence to corporate branding standards while conforming to and validating with WC3 standards and 508-compliance throughout cross-browser platforms.
- Maintain and perform routine updates to web content and site appearance to ensure proper operation of pages within various browsers on different platforms. Review web statistics with Google Analytics for performance.
HFI-Certified Usability Analysts™ (CUA), Human Factors International
Master of Education, Instructional Design & Technology, George Mason University
Concentration in e-Learning Technology
Bachelor of Arts & Science, Communication, George Mason University
Concentration in Public Relations & Advertising
- Introduction to PHP, Westlake Feb., 2008
- Fundamentals of AJAX Programming, Westlake Oct., 2006
- Siebel Analyst, Oracle April 2012